17 August 2018
We know that all work and no play does not create a success story. For real estate agents striking that important balance is vital for a long successful career and a healthy personal life. So how do you create that balance?
Agents, here are two things you can do to stay fresh and focused so you can fuel your business:
1. Block time for you. In a 24/7 world it’s easy to get caught up in all the to-do list tasks that keep your business hopping, your family on schedule, and the house in order. But forgetting to put time aside just for you is a fast track for burn out. Every week and ideally every day, take time to decompress, find motivation, relax, and unwind.
Here are some simple examples on how to relax everyday:
- Take a walk around the block.
- Schedule time for the gym.
- Read a few chapters of a good book.
- Take time to meditate.
Simply taking some time for yourself everyday is vital. These simple blocks of time can do wonders for your spirit, health, wellness, and your business. A rested and happy real estate agent is a more productive one.
2. Surround yourself with happy and successful people. There are two kinds of people in the world – those that lift you up and those that drag you down. For real estate agents who are eager to maximize their success and create life balance, there’s really no room for those who are not adding to the positive aspects in your life. Seek out like-minded professionals you admire and respect and who are earning at a level to which you aspire. Model their behaviors and business acumen. It is a powerful way to grow.
Moreover, in your personal and professional life, give yourself permission to let go of relationships with people who have a ‘toxic’ impact on your spirit and mindset. They are doing you, your career, and your family more harm than good.
Takeaway Point: Now go out there, relax, refuel, and grow your business.