17 August 2018
On the Morris Marketing Real Estate Marketing Group Blog last month, we covered the topic of Email vs. Direct Mail. Today we’re diving even deeper into Direct Mail newletters (geographic farming) with:
5 Things Every Realtor Must Know about Direct Mail Newsletters for Real Estate
1. Direct Mail is popular across all generations
Stats show that 73% of consumers prefer direct mail over other advertising methods. And 92% of young adults prefer direct mail and that have utilized direct mail when making purchasing decisions.
2. Direct mail pays off
On average, business earn $2,095 for every $167 they spend on direct mail advertising. Now that is a serious ROI.
3. People trust direct mail
56% of customers say they find direct mail more believable than most other forms of advertising.
4. Direct mail is personal
70% of consumers feel that direct mail is more personal than online advertising. Next to an in-person visit or phone call, you cannot beat direct mail – especially when it provides strategic copy and personalization.
5. People read and enjoy direct mail
Here are some interesting stats:
- 98% of consumers bring direct mail into they’re home the day it’s delivered!
- 77% will sort through their mail immediately.
- They will spend an average of 30 minutes reading their mail.
- 48% will keep their direct mail for future reference
- Mail is most often kept in a spot where everyone in the household can see it.
Of course, the most effective direct mail for real estate agents is not only professionally designed but also highly customized for your prospect. This includes information and articles that are useful and interesting for your target market (such as market statistics for the area), as well as personalization (such as Dear Allision). This, as well as a comprehensive follow-up strategy will set you apart and elevate you from the crowd. Read more about: successful geographic farming with our industry leading community marketing system.