In fact, 51% of people prefer companies that use a combination of direct mail and email when communicating with them, according to a recent study commissioned by Canada Post.
Direct mail is the perfect tactic for reaching past clients. It’s an excellent tool to help ensure that they will keep you top-of-mind when it comes to their next real estate transaction or for referrals. Email newsletters are perfect for prospects that you are hoping will turn into clients.
Just remember, the messaging in your direct mail to past clients should not be the same as the email newsletters you send to prospective clients.
When sending email newsletters, you should be specific and cater your message to your audience.
For instance, prospects might not already own a home, and, therefore, they might not be interested in reading about home renovations or how to find and hire a reputable contractor.
Here are 3 email newsletter topics that will help you hook prospects:
1. Homebuying and selling decisions
A lot goes into buying a home. It’s a major investment. Prospects might feel more comfortable choosing you as their agent if you provide value to them from the start. In your email newsletters, offer information about:
- How to choose the right real estate agent.
- What to expect when viewing homes.
- How to make an offer.
- Mortgage calculators.
This kind of information will provide value to your prospects and show them you are trying to be helpful to them in their homebuying search.
2. Why the prospect should use you as their agent
Choosing an agent is an important decision, and sometimes it’s not an easy one. You can make it as simple as possible for your prospects by sharing:
- Information about yourself.
- Why they should choose you as their agent.
- What sets you apart from your competition.
- What you can offer your prospects that would make you the ideal choice.
In your email newsletters, educate potential clients on what you do and place additional emphasis on your abilities, skills and specialized knowledge that will help them find and buy the perfect home.
3. The value of real estate as a long-term investment
Many potential customers are sitting on the fence and unsure if investing in real estate is right for them. Purchasing real estate is not a decision to be taken lightly. It’s a big deal, and it’s a commitment that can produce many long-term benefits.
- Educate your prospects on the benefits they will enjoy by owning a home.
- Many people are afraid of the financial implications and pressures generated by purchasing real estate. You need to reassure your prospects that they are making a sound investment by providing information about the value of real estate in your email newsletters.
- Make your prospects feel good about purchasing real estate and help them understand that it’s an excellent investment that will pay dividends in the long-run.
- Email newsletters are a great and quick way to communicate with prospects, and you should employ them in your real estate marketing toolbox.
- To achieve success in your real estate marketing, you need to combine both email newsletters and direct mail.
- Make sure your messaging fits the tactic and target audience you desire. Use a combination of both email and direct mail to stay top-of-mind with past clients and to attract new ones.
Keep in mind that email newsletters are only helpful if they are done correctly, and they should be used in conjunction with targeted and effective direct mail.
The Referral Marketing System offers both email newsletters, direct mail, and the best real estate CRM that will help you manage your entire real estate business.
Contact us today to find out more and get the first month free: https://www.morrismarketinggroup.com/the-referral-marketing-system/special-offer/
This blog post was originally published on Inman: http://www.inman.com/2015/12/04/3-email-newsletter-topics-to-hook-prospects/