As a trusted real estate professional, shouldn’t you be doing the same?
Of course, in fact, you can build loyalty with an Annual Homeowner’s Check-Up.
An Annual Homeowner’s Check-up is a powerful way to build loyalty with your past clients. It sets you apart from other REALTORS®, and positions you as the “home expert”.
Of course, you may not have the time to make this kind of dedicated effort for all your clients. However, this kind of program is manageable if you have a small database, less than 50 people, or if you focus on only the top 20% – the best clients – of a larger database.
Here’s how an Annual Homeowner’s Check-up typically works:
You arrange a meeting with a past client, ideally at the client’s home, or alternatively in your office.
Some things that you can include in your check-up:
- An update on the current market value of your client’s home.
- A review of your client’s current mortgage. Are there opportunities to refinance at a lower rate?
- An update on current market trends and your predictions for where you believe the market is heading.
- A discussion of the client’s short and long-term goals. Will assistance relocating be required sometime in the future?
- A simple home inspection looking for problems that might require immediate attention. This gives you an opportunity to recommend contractors, decorators, and other professionals.
Takeaway Point: Be creative with your Annual Homeowner’s Check-up. Look for ways to apply your experience, knowledge and contacts to add value. If you focus on being the trusted professional – then, like a doctor, advisor or even a good mechanic, your clients will become loyal to you.