17 August 2018
Choosing the right real estate marketing company to work with is an important decision. Particularly when it involves direct mail and real estate newsletters. You don’t want to get it wrong!
Why is that?
First of all, the effectiveness of your marketing has a direct impact on your real estate lead generation. Better marketing means better results.
Secondly, real estate direct mail is a hard-won speciality. It involves design, printing, copywriting, mailing and more. Few companies can do it well, let alone at a high level of expertise.
So, with that in mind, let’s look at what you should look closer at when choosing a real estate direct mail company.
- Real estate direct mail specialists. Ideally, you want to work with a marketing company that focuses on our industry. Real estate is unique and most generalist marketing companies don’t understand the best practices and nuances of direct mail and direct mail newsletters for real estate agents. Ensure the company you choose understands you and your world.
- Decades of experience. There are some things — insights, capabilities, know-how, etc. — that can only be acquired through years of experience. The last thing you want is to help a new marketing company learn the ropes on your dime! Only by choosing a company with many years of experience can you feel certain their programs will be able to generate the real estate leads and referrals you need.
- Direct mail expertise. Direct mail is a capability few digital marketing companies have or even want! Say, for example, you’re sending a newsletter to past clients in order to get more referrals. (A proven strategy, by the way!) You want that newsletter to be designed right, written professionally, printed without errors, and mailed correctly — and on time. Ensure the real estate direct mail marketing company you choose can do all that.
- A track record of success. Many companies advertise that they can create and mail a real estate direct mail newsletter for you. But will that newsletter get results in terms of real estate leads and referrals? The quality of the newsletter is key. It must be eye-catching in design, showcase you and your brand, and be packed with helpful content — news, tips, articles, and more. Before choosing a real estate direct mail marketing company, ask how many clients they have, and also ask to see testimonials.
- A systems approach. As great as a real estate direct mail newsletter may be, it’s only one component of an effective marketing program. In fact, what you should be looking for is a real estate marketing system, not just a newsletter. That system may include other tactics for boosting leads and referrals, such as email marketing, CRM, social media and more.
Real estate direct mail is proven, time and again, to build loyalty and referrals amongst your past clients, and to generate an ever-increasing flow of leads from your geographic farm. But you have to choose the direct mail marketing company you’ll be working with, wisely.
And speaking of making a wise decision, we invite you to contact us to book a free consultation with one of our marketing experts. Learn how our real estate marketing systems, which include direct mail, will increase your business.