17 August 2018
5 Safe & Effective Ways to Stay in Touch With Real Estate Prospects and Clients During COVID-19
- Email – Send your prospects and clients an email to let them know about the health and safety measures you are taking to protect homebuyers and sellers. Avoid being vague or flippant about their fears. Instead be honest about what’s happening, inform them of the measures you are taking and be sincere in your desire to help them make a move in the right direction at a pace that works for them.
- Direct Mail – Research has proven that real estate direct mail is an extremely effective way to stay top of mind with prospects and past clients. And one could argue that there has never been a better time for real estate agents to send direct mail. Make sure to personalize your messages and provide helpful and important information that potential buyers and sellers need to know in todays climate. Here is more information on how to get results with your real estate newsletter.
- Blogging – Your professional blog is a great way to build and maintain relationships with prospects and clients. Just make sure your articles are not exclusively sales oriented (that’s what your real estate agent website is for). Topics such as market updates, in-home family activity suggestions, how-to articles, and checklists for home maintenance and cleaning are all great subjects. Here is an article with more info on how to get more leads & referrals with your blog.
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are great ways to communicate with prospects and past clients. Many are at home in self-isolation, scrolling though their social media as you’re reading this article. Post links to helpful articles (including your own blog articles) and updates. Help keep them occupied and informed. Make sure to like and re-share their interesting, topical, and important updates, as well.
- Telephone – Most homeowners are, well, at home. Now is the perfect time to check in on them to see how they are doing. Let them know you are thinking of them, and you’re here to help. If they express specific concerns, let them know you will follow up with an email with some helpful information to address their worries. This is where your blogs, social media posts and email (mentioned above) can come into play. If you are doing all of the above, you should have plenty of information on hand to help them.
The important thing to remember is that right now, many of your clients will be concerned about not only their health, but the economy and their financial stability. The relationship they have with you, as their trusted real estate professional is very important. They will have many questions and concerns, and your job as their real estate professional is to let them know that you’re available to answer them.
As things return to normal, you’ll be well-positioned for success.
In the meantime, we hope you and your family are staying healthy. If you have any questions, or would like to sign up for our Real Estate Marketing Success System, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our sophisticated, effective systems will help you manage and stay on top of all your real estate marketing communications.