17 August 2018
If you’re like many Realtors, you’ve set a few goals at the start of the year. In fact, those might have been ambitious goals around your real estate marketing—such as ramping up your real estate lead generation efforts, focusing on a new geographic farm, or otherwise getting more clients and listings.
Working towards a goal puts you on the road to achieving it.
No surprise there!
But what may be surprising to you is that, according to an article in Sundried.com, 45% give up on a goal in just a few weeks.
You don’t want to fall under that depressing statistic! So how do you keep going and persevere toward your real estate marketing goals?
Here are five science-backed techniques worth trying:
- Model what has worked for others You don’t have to re-invent the wheel. Notice how others have reached a similar goal and model what they’ve done. For example, many Realtors have cultivated a successful geographic farm because they used a good geographic farming system from a solid real estate direct mail marketing company.
- Ensure goals are consistent with your personality You may want to generate more listings this year, but knocking on doors all day or continually chasing online leads may not be your style. You might instead be the kind of Realtor who prefers to network, build relationships and work with people. Make sure your goals match who you are.
- Monitor your progress It’s tough to stay motivated if you don’t know how well you’re doing. Tracking your progress gives you a sense of momentum. It also helps you identify the inevitable adjustments to your approach you’ll need to make along the way.
- Celebrate your wins You don’t just win when you cross the finish line. There are several milestones along the way to achieving a goal. Acknowledge and celebrate those. For example, finally picking a geographic farm to focus on is a milestone worthy of a thumbs-up in the mirror!
- Play the long game The biggest mistake agents make when pursuing a goal is expecting too much, too soon. When you have unrealistic expectations, it’s all-too-easy to get frustrated and give up. For example, getting more real estate client referrals won’t happen overnight. But if you use the right real estate marketing system, you can expect referrals to steadily increase over the coming months and years.
Bonus tip: Using a proven system to reach your real estate marketing goals significantly increases your chances of success. So, look for ways to systematize your real estate client referrals and your real estate geographic farming.
Good luck with your goals!